Sunday, July 25, 2010

Acne in odd spots?

Acne can destroy ones confidence big time. I know. Luckily, my social life is not so bad as it was years ago. But my face still is. I don't have acne all over but when I get a zit, it usually pops up in my lip, nose, ear, or chin. My cheeks are mostly clean. I don't know why I get them, I've stopped eating things for time to see if that's it. Nothing changes. So now I'm looking for a good cream, pill, whatever that will rid of them. No home remedies, I've done toothpaste and lemon. Not much help. I want to lean towards proactive or accutane, but not too sure about those side effects. Something that you have used and are sure will rid you of acne.








Many Thanks!Acne in odd spots?
Accutane (The market name for isotretinoin) is one of the best retinoids (Retinoids are analogues of vitamin A) available, but yes you are right, it has many bad side-effects.


However, topical isotretinoin is available in many countries and only has localised effects on the skin you use it on, such as minor peeling like topical antibiotics and retinoids generally do, but this can be easily counteracted via moisturisers.





just so you know, proactive doesn't work well and its main ingredient is benzoyl peroxide, lemon disrupts the natural pH of the skin and even bleaches it...so no effect there, excepting a nice exacerbation of acne, and toothpaste...well the thing is, toothpastes that contain benzoyl peroxide, calcium peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, or triclosan work.


This is because they contain agents commonly used to treat acne, such as the biocide triclosan which has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, and benzoyl peroxide, which kills bacteria and causes skin to peel.








I will now proceed to tell you the best attack method for acne.


1. A topical retinoid


2. A topical antibiotic


3. A moisturiser


4. An exfoliating scrub


5. Benzoyl peroxide


6. A diet enriched with all necessary vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin A


7. A Toner


A topical retinoid fixes the first problem causing acne--faulty skin keratinisation and improper follicular activity of the pores.





An antibiotic kills off bacteria (The propionibacterium) that exacerbate acne.





With use of a moisturiser daily, the skin willnot be as oily as it will be hydrated without the need for producing so much of its own oil.





Exfoliate daily for ordinary skin, or every 2-3 days for sensitive skin to remove dead skin cells and dirt so that pores don't become blocked and to improve general complexion.





Benzoyl peroxide once a day before bed or upon retiring from the days activities kills bacteria, reduces oiliness, and causes dead skin to peel and slough off more.





Take vitamin supplements if you do not get all the necessary vitamins and minerals from your diet.


Vitamin A is a major vitamin for skin health and has the same effect as topical retinoids such as isotretinoin (Accutane), adapalene (Differin), and tretinoin (Retin-A), and folate is good for healthy cell divison.


Vitamin C is another good vitamin for skin health.





Toners are generally good, but use only a non-comedogenic toner that doesn't contain alcohol





btw, the foods you eat have little effect on acne, excepting that if you aren't getting all necessary vitamins and minerals from your diet, this can lead to poor skin.








I use the topical retinoid adapalene and topical antibiotic erythromycin, as well as benzoyl peroxide; moisturise, exfoliate, and tone daily; and take vitamin supplements as well as consume healthy amounts of vitamin A to aid in treatment.





By this regime, I am not attacking a single cause of acne but rather them all, which is something that proactive, cleansers, and over-the-counter products do not do.





I had my doctor prescribe me adapalene and erythromycin and since then brought benzoyl peroxide 5% (Benzac AC) from a pharmacy to use in concommittence with my current regime, which I altered greatly after folowing my doctor's advice for a while (Though I only did this after extensive knowledge through much research), you should stick to the regime your doctor tells you.Acne in odd spots?
I am using proactive right now and it's not that great... It dries my skin. My skin is not that bad that's why I don't want to start the accutane treatment ...plus I heard the side effects are really bad...dry skin, depression,...etc. I am also using ';Purpose'; by Johnson and I really like it...and it's only $3 .


Good luck...by the way try not to stress out..stress causes acne.
Accutane works really well for everyone that I've heard uses it. I'm about to start using it because it's the only thing I haven't tried. But I have heard that your lips get really dry and to always carry chapstick the first few months. And you skin gets really dry as well, but that can be easily remedied with a good moisturizer. But my friends say it works.It may get worse before it gets better, but once it does its gone. Completely and forever. Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment