Friday, July 23, 2010

Hermes Birkin bags and how to spot fakes on Ebay?

I love the Hermes Birkin bags, and would love to get one when I have saved some cash. Thing is, if I was to get one from Ebay, how would you know if it was genuine? They look all so authentic, but really it could be a knock off made in China couldnt it. Does anyone know what sort of prices they are in London department stores, or if there are any Hermes stores in Scotland, or near to Scotland, should I decide not to get one on Ebay? What are the cheapest ones costing and the most priciest?Hermes Birkin bags and how to spot fakes on Ebay?
The majority of designer bags on eBay are fake - because if you think about it, there's nothing to stop someone taking a pic of the real McCoy and posting that picture with the whole dustbag, receipt, etc as 'proof' and then you place your bid, win and receive the skankiest bag ever.





Some fakes are good - I was conned on a Gucci years back. Upon closer examination I found it was a fake because:-


1) Stitching not straight.


2) Stitchiing began to come undone really easily after a short time.


3) 'Gucci' was stamped quite shallow, not like the ones in Selfridges!


4) The zip and other fixings in the bag were of poor quality.


Of course, by the time I'd twigged, the seller had removed all their info leaving me out of pocket.





For a Hermes Birkin you are looking at a serious wad of cash, at least 拢1000. Anything cheaper than that and you just know it's not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment